Today the gals have gotten together a list of the concerning influencers currently teaching women today. They’ll address each one, and eventually point to a list of women who are a Biblically sound alternative. We hope that this episode will be helpful to both our female and male listeners.
Prayer Request: Meg Curry, the sister-in-Christ who we ask for prayer at the beginning of this episode, has lost her daughter Everleigh. We have been given permission to openly ask for prayer for her, and to share a GoFundMe account that we started to help support her. You can find more information about that here: gf.me/u/ximjpw
1. Boasting: TimeStamp – 00:04:55
a. Galatians 5: TimeStamp – 00:05:40
2. Paula white: TimeStamp – 00:07:10
a. Abortion quote: “In the name of Jesus, we command all satanic pregnancies to miscarry right now,” Ms. White said. “We declare that anything that’s been conceived in satanic wombs, that it’ll miscarry. It will not be able to carry forth any plan of destruction, any plan of harm.”
- ii. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvc7TDJhksA
3. Jen Wilkin- Women’s periods are a parable of the crucifixion: TimeStamp – 00:13:25
- i. WHO APPROVED THIS MESSAGE AT VILLAGE CHURCH
b. 2nd Tier issue- Women taking a leading teaching position
4. Go Home Beth: TimeStamp – 00:22:25
a. Social Justice
5. Superbowl: TimeStamp – 00:29:25
a. half time show
b. sex trafficking
6. Proverbs31ministries: TimeStamp -00:39:55
a. proverbs31ministries Instagram
“We’re all wired to feel, think and act in certain ways in order to satisfy our core longing. But we forsake our Creator when we try to fulfill this unending craving in our own strength, and we’ll always be left wanting more. But there is good news!
Jesus’ life, death and resurrection righted all that is wrong in us so we can bring to life our true longing and purpose. The gospel specifically fulfills each of our hearts’ cries, giving us a spring of Living Water that will never run dry.
-Beth McCord What or who have you looked to in order to quench this thirst in the past?”
7. Awesome Women to follow: TimeStamp – 00:47:10
a. Lindsay David, Doreen Virtue, Melissa Dougherty, Susan Heck, Michelle Lesley, Amy Spreeman, Elizabeth Prata
b. Awesome Books for women and young ladies
- i. Anne of Green Gables
- ii. Little women
- iii. PollyAnna
- iv. Susan Heck books!!!
Shenanigans: TimeStamp – 00:54:47
- Chocolate or Candy for Valentine’s Day?
- What is the worst gift you’ve ever been given for Valentine’s Day?