On today’s episode, Jim writes in and asks Dave, “In the new year I want to make resolutions that will help me to grow in the grace of God, but I’m not sure how to do so?”
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How the example of Jonathan Edwards making resolutions at the age of 19 that would guide and shape his life and ministry can help Christians today do the same thing.
- 1 Timothy 4:6-8 and the purpose and nature of Christians disciplining themselves in the grace of God.
- The importance of faithful church attendance in the Christian life.
- The importance of regular daily reading of the Word of God.
- Why keeping short accounts before God and men are so essential to the Christian life.
- The importance of seeking regular and diligent accountability from another member of the opposite sex.
- A plan to read 5-10 books this year to help you grow in the grace of God.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to the Servants of Grace Podcast via iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Servants of Grace theology segment!