Podcast (equipping-you-in-grace): Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Pandora | Email | TuneIn | RSS
On today’s Equipping You in Grace Dave and Nancy Guthrie talk about union with Christ, the means of grace, getting specific in our repentance, and the beauty of Jesus, along with her latest book, Saints and Scoundrels in the Story of Jesus (Crossway, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of union with Christ for the Christian life.
- The importance of the means of grace to the Christian life.
- How studying different Bible characters teaches us about the person and work of Jesus.
- What it looks like to get specific with repentance in the Christian life.
- How to address spiritual frustration and make progress in the Christian life.
- Why it’s important to understand the lineage of Jesus to understand why He came and what He longs to do in our lives.
- Why understand the worth of Jesus helps us to understand the beauty of Jesus.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.