On the latest episode of the Equipping You in Grace Podcast, Dave Jenkins, and Nancy Guthrie discuss the importance of biblical theology for the Christian life, along with her book, Even Better Than Eden: Nine Ways the Bible’s Story Changes Everything About Your Story (Crossway, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of biblical theology in hermeneutics.
- Healthy marriage expectations and the gospel.
- The most significant issues that affect people beginning to read the Bible for themselves.
- The importance of Christians being immersed and shaped by the worldview of the Bible.
- How a love for biblical theology affects the Christian’s walk with the Lord.
- How a growing love of biblical theology helps Christians learn to read the Bible daily and regularly out of dutiful delight.
- How Christians can learn to prioritize the Lord’s day in God-honoring and glorifying ways.
- How the marriage of the Bridegroom helps single and married people whet their appetite of the Beloved of the Lord for the Lord Jesus.
- How the zeal Jesus showed for the Lord’s House helps those who lack zeal for regular and faithful attendance in worship.
- The purpose and meaning of the Sabbath and how it relates to the Christian life.
About the Guest
Nancy Guthrie teaches the Bible at her church, Cornerstone Presbyterian Church in Franklin, Tennessee, and at conferences worldwide. She and her husband, David, are the cohosts of the GriefShare video series used in more than 10,000 churches nationwide and also host Respite Retreats for couples who have experienced the death of a child. Guthrie is also the host of Help Me Teach the Bible, a podcast of the Gospel Coalition.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!