On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Dr. Michael Barrett discuss the dangers of wrong views of holiness, the means of grace, navigating distractions, fighting temptation and lust by fearing God, the fear of God and the presence of God, handling affliction in a Christ-centered way, along with this book with Dr. Beeke, A Radical, Comprehensive Call to Holiness (Christian Focus, 2021).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The dangers of wrong views of holiness.
- How wrong views of holiness affect our understanding of assurance.
- The means of grace and growing in Christ.
- Learning to navigate the distractions of our lives.
- The importance of being aware of the dangers of lust and temptation around us.
- Fighting temptation and lust by fearing God.
- Learning to factor the Lord into every facet and sphere of our lives.
- The difference between once saved always saved and perseverance of the saints.
- Handling affliction in a Christ-centered way.
- The dangers of letting go and letting God theology and what Christians should think about it.
- The beauty and glory of biblical holiness.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback. Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!