On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Micah Caswell talk about the importance of loving God and people, believer’s baptism, handling theological controversy, Baptist ecclesiology, along with his book, Thomas Patient: The Father of the Irish Baptist Church (H&E, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What contributions Thomas Patient made to Christian theology.
- The history of the Irish Baptist church.
- What it meant for Thomas Patient to be a Puritan in the Calvinistic Baptist tradition.
- The importance of loving Christ, the Church, and the people of God.
- How Christians should respond to theological controversy today.
- The importance of Christians having a good understanding of a believer’s baptism.
- Thomas Patient’s four theological points about a Baptist ecclesiology.
- Recommended resources on a believer’s baptism.
- Why we need more men like Thomas Patient and what such men look like in their Christian life and ministry.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!