Welcome to the 145th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Matt Perman about his book, How to Get Unstuck: Breaking Free from Barriers to Your Productivity (Zondervan, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Depression and how it affects our productivity.
- Preaching the gospel to ourselves and productivity.
- In what way is productivity one of the most significant pain points in people’s life and work.
- How Unstuck is different from What’s Best Next.
- The process for getting unstuck.
- The most significant principles Matt wants listeners to take away as they read Unstuck.
- Four areas of renewal and their importance to the Christian life.
- How we can get unstuck from our problems.
- Why is it essential to have a clutter-free workspace.
- Advice for those struggling in their work lives with feelings of their work lacking value and worth.
About the Guest
Matt Perman formerly served as the senior director of strategy at Desiring God Ministries in Minneapolis, MN, and is a frequent speaker on the topics of leadership and productivity from a God-centered perspective.
He has an MDiv from Southern Theological Seminary and a Project Management Professional certification from the Project Management Institute. He is author of the best-selling What’s Best Next: How the Gospel Transforms the Way You Get Things Done.
Matt regularly blogs at www.whatsbestnext.com and contributes to a number of other online publications as well.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.