On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Lucas O’Neill discuss capturing listeners attention in a media-saturated culture, unveiling the tension in the biblical passage, loving people with the Word, along with his book, Preaching to Be Heard: Delivering Sermons That Command Attention (Lexham Press, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How Pastors and Bible teachers capture listeners attention in a media-saturated culture.
- How to unveil the tension in the biblical passage not only creates interest but commands attention from listeners.
- The importance of Pastors and Bible teachers not only providing excellent expository content but also having a suitable delivery plan.
- Advice for Bible college and seminary students on preaching.
- The importance of Pastors and Bible teachers growing in their skill in handling the Word of God.
- Being conscious of what kind of feedback one is getting from preaching and how to learn and grow from it to improve in one’s craft.
- The power of the Holy Spirit in preaching.
- Loving people with the Word of God through preaching the Word of God.
- Learning to have good introductions to sermons that help listeners understand what’s going to be covered.
- The importance of continuing to be a student of the Word of God.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!