On today’s Equipping you in Grace episode, Dave and Dr. Leland Ryken discuss the impact not reading has on our spiritual lives, and the impact technology has on our reading, how to become better readers, along with his book, Recovering the Lost Art of Reading: A Question for the True, the Good, and the Beautiful (Crossway, 2021).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What we lose by not reading quality material and reading it well.
- Why reading is a lost art today.
- How the true, good, and beautiful applies to reading.
- The impact not reading has on our spiritual lives.
- What it looks like to be an artful reader.
- Advice to make time for reading.
- How we can become better readers.
- Advice for parents on how to teach their children to read.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!