On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Matt Perman discuss how a proper view of the Bible affects how we approach reading and studying the Bible and respond to challenges and attacks to the Bible.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of foundational issues for a basis for a Christian worldview.
- The reliability of Scripture.
- The natural man and the spiritual man and the illumination of the Holy Spirit.
- The importance of the Old Testament to the Christian life.
- The character of God and the Scriptures.
- Responding to challenges to the first few chapters of Genesis.
- Responding to challenges to the historicity of Adam.
- The meaning of inerrancy, and infallibility.
- The dual authorship of Scripture.
- Scripture, church history, and responding to challenges to Scripture.
- The importance of getting doctrine from the Bible to contend and defend the faith once and for all delivered to the saints.
- How our convictions about the Bible affect how we interpret the Bible.
- The grammatical-historical method of biblical interpretation and expository preaching.
- The importance of Bible reading as a dutiful delight.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Matt is the Director of Career development at The King’s College NYC. Author of What’s Best Next. Blogger on leadership, theology, and the world of work.
Dave is the Executive Director of Servants of Grace, husband to Sarah, and lover of sound theology and God’s people.