On today’s Equipping You in Grace Episode, Dave Jenkins and Kim Riddlebarger talk about the life, ministry, and influence of B.B. Warfield on Reformed theology in his day and today, along with his book The Lion of Princeton: B.B. Warfield as Apologist and Theologian (Lexham Press, 2016).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- A brief sketch of B.B. Warfield’s life and importance to American evangelicalism and the greater Body of Christ.
- What we can learn from how B.B. Warfield’s approach to dealing with and responding to criticism.
- How Warfield’s work on the doctrine of Scripture helps Christians respond to attacks on the doctrine of Scripture today.
- What Christians today can learn from B.B. Warfield’s response to attacks on the person and work of Christ along with his approach to engaging these and other issues.
- What B.B. Warfield can teach those deeply committed to the task and work of theology in the local church about loving and caring for our wives and families.
- What contributions the Old Princeton theologians like Warfield made to the Church of his time and continued to make on the Church today.
- The legacy B.B. Warfield has left for theologians today.
- Why we need men again like B.B. Warfield and what these men look like in their approach to the Christian life and ministry.
- Learning to understand and engage the thought of others for the purpose of contending for the faith.
About the Guest
Kim Riddlebarger (PhD, Fuller Theological Seminary) is senior pastor of Christ Reformed Church in Anaheim, CA, and has been a visiting professor of systematic theology at Westminster Seminary California. He is author of A Case for Amillennialism and The Man of Sin.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.