On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Kevin Halloran discuss the importance of praying with an open Bible, strategies for fighting distractions in our prayer lives, gospel help for those who feel they can’t or shouldn’t pray because of their sin, along with his book, When Prayer Is a Struggle: A Practical Guide to Overcoming Obstacles in Prayer (P&R, 2021).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of praying with an open Bible.
- Strategies for fighting distractions in our prayer lives.
- How to cultivate a culture of prayer in our local churches.
- Practical strategies for those who are struggling to pray.
- Help for those who feel they are unorganized in their prayer lives.
- Help for those who feel stuck in the pit of their sin, so they shouldn’t or can’t pray.
- Advice for those who think they are too busy to pray.
- Help for those who are too stressed to pray.
- Recommended books on prayer to check out.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback. Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!