On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Justin Huffman discuss the goal of spiritual disciplines in the Christian life and ministry, along with his book, Grow: The Command to Ever-Expanding Joy (DayOne Press, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why the goal of the Christian life is one of growing in the grace of God.
- Advice to help Christians grow in their prayer lives.
- The importance of Bible reading in the Christian life.
- Advice to help Christians read their Bible’s daily.
- Help for those who struggle to take notes and listen to sermons well.
- The importance of Christians learning from and imitating godly Christians around them.
- How Christians become good imitators of Jesus.
- The essential components of resisting the devil and how Christians do that.
- The grace of God and resisting the devil.
- The importance of Christians developing a purposeful habit of thanksgiving.
- The essential components of a life that makes, matures, and multiples disciples of the Risen Lord Jesus.
About the Guest
Justin Huffman has pastored in the USA for over fifteen years and has travelled to every continent except Antarctica because, as his youngest son has observed, penguins don’t need the gospel. Justin is also the author of a top-rated iTunes/Android app with over half a million downloads around the globe.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!