On today’s Equipping You in Grace Episode, Dave Jenkins and Justin Huffman discuss the biblical foundations and biblical practices of local churches, along with the importance of mentoring, and with his book, Adorned How To Grow A Biblically Beautiful Church: An Exegesis of Titus 2 (DayOne, 2018)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The foundations for a healthy church.
- How Titus 2 addresses the local church.
- How churches can implement Titus 2 into the life and ministry of the local church.
- How essential is it that sound doctrine is taught, modeled, and practiced for the life of local churches.
- The role preaching should have in the life of a local church.
- Why it’s necessary to have an objective and transcendent standard by which to measure and motivate good works.
- Why Paul’s teaching in Titus means preaching must be accompanied by godly living in the preacher.
- The core truths Paul articulates in Titus 2 as central to the Christian gospel.
- The role the community of the local churches plays in good works towards one another in the local church.
- The dangers of living an isolated Christian life apart from the local church.
- Why the local church is relevant to the life of every Christian.
- Why every Christian needs to sit under the preached Word of God.
- The role of ministry leaders in mentoring others in the local church.
- How older men can mentor younger men and how older women can mentor younger women.
- Why asking for help from other Christian is a mark of Christian maturity.
About the Guest
Justin Huffman is a Christian, husband, father, pastor, speaker and author and thankful to God for each. A graduate of Reformed Theological Seminary, he has pastored in the USA for over fifteen years. His writing has been featured on The Gospel Coalition, Servants of Grace, For the Church, Third Millennium and elsewhere. He blogs at justinhuffman.org. Justin has been married for over twenty years to Chau, and they have four children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.