On today’s Equipping You in Grace Episode, Dave Jenkins and Josh Moody discuss the place and importance of the Scriptures in the Christian life and ministry, along with his book, How the Bible Can Change Your Life: Answers to the Ten Most Common Questions about the Bible (Christian Focus, 2018)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Learning to ask good questions of the biblical text from having sound biblical convictions about the Bible.
- Chronological snobbery and the living Word of God.
- How Christians can learn to place themselves under the Word of God.
- Some strategies for Christians beginning to read the Bible daily.
- Discovering whether people are audio or visual learners and helping them to use the right tools to help them grow in the grace of God.
- How church leaders and pastors can use the Scriptures effectively in their local church.
- Helping Christians begin to think in biblical categories and from a biblical worldview.
- Christians, college, and the life of the mind in the Christian tradition.
- Learning to contend for the faith with the Word of God.
- A Christian view of tolerance and engagement in the public square.
- An attitude of humility towards reading and hearing the preached Word of God.
- The importance of reading and studying the Bible in its proper context.
- How our convictions about the Bible affect our view of preaching the Word of God.
- Having a long-term strategy of training future church leaders who can think in biblical categories and from a biblical worldview.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.