On today’s Equipping You in Grace, Dave Jenkins and Josh Moody discuss the role of biblical boasting in the life of the Christian, along with his book, Boasting: When We Boast Right, We Live Right, And We Bear Much Fruit To God’s Honour (Christian Focus, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Where the idea of biblical boasting comes from and why it matters.
- How important it is that the Church engages with biblical boasting rightly.
- What biblical boasting looks like in the day to day stuff of life.
- The dangers of influence and what ungodly boasting looks like.
- How Christians can guard against sinful boasting in our social media use.
- How we can appropriately use social media as a tool to boast about the Lord.
- How understanding Soli Deo Gloria helps Christians examine whether their motives are for the glory of God or their own
- The importance of humility in the Christian life and ministry.
- The importance of spiritual maturity and accountability in the Christian life.
- The importance of biblical truth, integrity, and honesty in the Christian life.
- Why the grace of God frees Christians to be who they are in Him.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.