On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Dr. John Frame have a wide-ranging conversation about why Christians should read and study philosophy, free will, the problem of evil, making good arguments, and his book, We Are All Philosophers: A Christian Introduction to Seven Fundamental Questions (Lexham Press, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why Christians should read and study philosophy.
- How philosophy relates to theology.
- What Christian philosophers Dr. Frame has found helpful, who they are, and why they’ve been so beneficial to him.
- How the question, “What is everything made of?” relates to a Christian worldview.
- What free will is and how important it is for the Christian to get a good idea and understanding of this concept.
- Free will, stewardship, and the Christian’s responsibility before God.
- How Anslem has influenced Dr. John Frame.
- Why Christians make arguments.
- Why human thinking should be through a biblical worldview.
- How Christians should think about the problem of evil and answer those who question or doubt whether God is good.
- Some of the most significant Christian philosophers in the history of the church.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!