On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Dr. John Street have a wide-ranging conversation on pornography, temptation, ministering to singles, and married people, along with his book, Passions of the Heart: Biblical Counsel for Stubborn Sexual Sins (P&R, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What heart hermeneutics is.
- How pastors and counselors engage in heart hermeneutics.
- A biblical view of change and why it’s so important to understand to help people address sexual sin in their lives.
- Some ways we can help uncover the underpinnings of how people feed their passion idols.
- What a biblical stress test is and how people should take should a test.
- Some prerequisites for a pure heart before the Lord.
- Help for the person wanting to fight against sexual enslavement.
- Help for the Christian friend wanting to help their friend enslaved to sexual sin.
- How single people fight for sexual purity.
- How married couples fight for purity.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!