On today’s episode of the Equipping You in Grace Podcast, Dave Jenkins and John Crotts talk about the place and practice of graciousness in the Christian life and John’s latest book, Graciousness: Tempering Truth with Love (Reformation Heritage Books, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Prayer and dealing with difficult people.
- How Christians can grow in kindness in engaging in theological discussion.
- In what way Jesus is the ultimate example of every virtue including graciousness.
- What the Apostle Paul can teach Christians about learning to be more gracious.
- What the Ephesian church has to teach Christians today about loving sound doctrine and people.
- Learning to see people through the eyes of Jesus and to treat like Jesus would through our words and actions.
- How the Church can improve in the area of relational maturity.
- How to navigate dealing with difficult people in Christian life.
- The importance of keeping short accounts with God and with others.
- Confronting pride in our own lives and growing in humility.
- Learning to speak the truth in love, seasoned with grace, to people we love.
About the Guest
John is the Pastor-Teacher of Faith Bible Church in Sharpsburg, Georgia, just south of Atlanta (faithbiblechurch.us). He and his wife Lynn have been at the church in Georgia since 1995. The Lord has blessed them with four children. John grew up in a Christian home in Virginia Beach, Virginia. He graduated from Liberty University in 1990, and received his MDiv degree from The Master’s Seminary in Los Angeles, and his DMin degree from Southern Seminary in Louisville. He served as a board member of FIRE (The Fellowship of Independent Reformed Evangelicals) for many years. John’s books are Mighty Men: The Starter’s Guide to Leading Your Family, Craftsmen: Christ Centered Proverbs for Men; Tying the Knot Tighter: Because Marriage Lasts a Lifetime co-authored with Martha Peace, Loving the Church: God’s People Flourishing in God’s Family, Upsetting the World: Following Paul’s Example of Frontline Evangelism; the Bitesize Biography on John Newton; and Graciousness: Tempering Truth with Love.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.