On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Dr. Joel Beeke discuss the image of God, responding to attacks on gender and penal substitutionary atonement, the High Priestly ministry of Jesus, and suffering along with his book with Paul Smalley, Reformed Systematic Theology: Volume 2: Man and Christ (Crossway, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The image of God and the wrongness of abortion.
- The image of God and addressing gender confusion and pornography.
- The importance of a solid understanding of the doctrine of man for the Christian life.
- How Christians should respond to attacks on gender.
- Why it matters that Adam is a real person in real history.
- How a solid understanding of sin helps the Church.
- How a good understanding of Jesus as Prophet, Priest, and King helps Christians.
- The importance of the High Priestly ministry of Jesus for the Christian.
- How Christians should respond to attacks on penal substitutionary atonement.
- The role of suffering in the life of the Christian.
About the Guest
Joel R. Beeke (PhD, Westminster Theological Seminary) has written or coauthored one hundred books, and edited another one hundred titles. He is president and professor of systematic theology and homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary, a pastor of the Heritage Reformed Congregation in Grand Rapids, Michigan, as well as the editor of Banner of Sovereign Grace Truth, the editorial director of Reformation Heritage Books, the president of Inheritance Publishers, and vice president of the Dutch Reformed Translation Society.
Paul M. Smalley (ThM, Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary) is faculty teaching assistant to Joel Beeke at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary. He previously served for twelve years as a pastor in the Baptist General Conference in the midwestern United States.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!