On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Dr. Joel Beeke discuss the importance of the doctrines of God and Scripture for the Christian life, along with his book with Paul Smalley, Reformed Systematic Theology: Volume 1: Revelation and God (Crossway, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why good Christian theology should engage the head, heart, and hands.
- How the Reformers and Puritans help Christians develop their understanding of what the Church has taught on the doctrine of God and Scripture.
- The importance of a biblical and theologically informed understanding of God for the Christian life and ministry.
- The importance of a biblical and theologically informed understanding of the doctrine of Scripture for the Christian life and ministry.
- The importance of Christians growing not only in the Word of God and in skill in handling it but also in maturity as theologians.
- How the doctrine of God is neglected in the Church today.
- How we recover the doctrine of God and Scripture in the Church today.
- Why the doctrine of God should matter to Christians.
- How the doctrine of God is under attack today.
- Why the doctrine of Scripture matters for Christians today.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Parler, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.