On today’s Equipping you in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Jim Newheiser talk about a biblical understanding of money, Christians and their work, and how to combat the prosperity gospel, along with his book, Money: Seeking God’s Wisdom (P&R, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How a good understanding of the Bible’s teaching on money helps Christians.
- How a biblical understanding of money help Christians combats the prosperity gospel.
- Help for those facing financial struggles.
- Some tools for people who are financially distressed.
- Some of the best ways to address worry about money.
- How should Christians view their work.
- How Christians should address difficulties in their jobs.
- What character qualities should define Christians in their jobs.
- Some of the dangers to avoid when it comes to financial issues and some solutions to these financial dangers.
- What role the Church has in helping those facing financial challenges and assisting Christians to learn to address these challenges with the Word of God.
- Some helpful additional resources on money and vocation.
- Stewardship, money, and living before the face of God.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!