On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Jen Oshman talk about helpful conduits to grow in grace, finding our identity in Christ while writing and ministering to others, what gospel-centered joy is and how it helps Christians, along with her book, Enough about Me: Find Lasting Joy in the Age of Self (Crossway, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- A brief explanation of the women’s liberation movement and how it exhausts and robs women of joy in the Lord.
- Why Christians need to remember who they are and whose they are, and the implications of this for a biblical worldview.
- Some lies women believe that that attack their identity in Christ.
- Some helpful conduits to grow in the grace of God.
- How to fight for joy in the Lord in the midst of fear and challenging situations.
- What gospel-centered joy is and how it helps Christians.
About the Guest
Jen Oshman is a wife, mom, and writer, and has served as a missionary and pastor’s wife for two decades on three continents. She currently resides in Colorado, where her family planted Redemption Parker, an Acts29 church.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!