On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Jeffrey Johnson discuss why Charles Spurgeon opposed Karl Marx, how the Church should respond to the social justice movement, the use of language, and how it is at the heart of social justice, along with his book, What Every Christian Needs to Know About Social Justice (Free Grace Press, 2021).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why Charles Spurgeon opposed Karl Marx.
- How the Church should respond to the social justice movement.
- How understanding reality, how we know what we know, and who decides right and wrong equips Christians to evaluate the claims of social justice advocates.
- How important it is that Christians understand how language works and how the use of language is at the heart of social justice.
- How should the Church respond to attacks on religious liberty.
- Whether there are situations where social justice rises to the level of church discipline.
- How the biblical gospel counters the counterfeit gospel of social justice.
About the Guest
Jeff is the author of several Christian books, including the Amazon #1 Bestseller, The Church:Why Bother?
He is pastor/teacher of Grace Bible Church in Conway, Arkansas, a community where he also resides with his wife Letha and their two sons, Martyn and Christian.
Jeff graduated from Central Baptist College in Bible and earned his M. Rel. in Biblical Studies. He earned his Th.D in Systematics from Veritas Theological Seminary.
Along with his pastoral and publishing ministry, Jeff is a sought-after conference speaker and contributes regularly to the Reformed Baptist Blog.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback. Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!