On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Jeffrey Johnson discuss the place and importance of the glory of God and how it is to impact every phase of the Christian life, along with his book, The Pursuit of Glory: Finding Satisfaction in Christ Alone (Reformation Hertige, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- A brief definition of the glory of God.
- Why Christians are to find true happiness and true joy in the glory of God.
- Why it’s so essential that Christians find their purpose in a life rooted in their identity in Christ and not in their work, hobbies, ministries, or marriages.
- What genuine Christian freedom is and why we are to delight in God genuinely.
- The critical difference between love and lust
- Why love is so vital to Christian relationships.
- Why truth is found only in Christ alone.
- Some wrong ways Christians try to clean their consciences.
- Some right ways Christians are to clean their consciences.
- Why it’s so important that Christians understand that Christ is their life, joy, and our all.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.