On the latest episode of the Equipping You in Grace Podcast, Dave Jenkins and Jeff Robinson discuss the importance of relational maturity in ministry, growing in grace, along with the book he edited with Colin Hansen, 15 Things Seminary Didn’t Teach Me (Crossway, 2018)
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of relational maturity and why it’s so essential to pastoral ministry.
- The most significant issues facing young men preparing for pastoral ministry.
- Learning to listen skillfully.
- The importance of mentoring and the local church.
- The importance of humility and being teachable.
- Handling the transition of being called to a church to pastoring people and caring for them in the first few years of pastoral ministry.
- The importance of friendship in ministry with our wives.
- Learning to cultivate friendship with our wives.
- Navigating the challenges of difficult people and situations in ministry.
- Continuing to pursuing humility, holiness, and faithfulness in the Christian life and ministry.
About the Guest
Jeff Robinson Sr. (PhD, The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary) is a senior editor for the Gospel Coalition and serves as the lead pastor for Christ Community Church of Louisville. He also serves as adjunct professor of church history at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the coauthor of To the Ends of the Earth: Calvin’s Mission, Vision, and Legacy.
Marriage and Friendship: Becoming Best Friends With Your Spouse by Dave Jenkins https://servantsofgrace.org/marriage-and-friendship-becoming-best-friends-with-your-spouse/
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.