On the latest Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins, and Jeff Robinson discuss what we can learn from men like Andrew Fuller, Charles Spurgeon, along with weakness, discouragement, and growing in humility, and his book edited with Collin Hansen, 12 Faithful Men: Portraits of Courageous Endurance in Pastoral Ministry (Baker Books, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The Cross and suffering.
- How suffering prepares Christian leaders to grow in grace and shepherd and care for the people of God more effectively.
- What Andrew Fuller teaches Christian leaders about the school of affliction and equipping His ministers for usefulness in the service of Christ.
- How Spurgeon encourages Christian leaders facing periods of deep personal discouragement.
- The importance of weakness in the Christian life.
- The missing category of weakness in the Christian life today.
- The gospel and growing in humility.
- The importance of humility in ministry.
- The marks of humility in our lives.
- The importance of prayer in ministry.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!