On today’s Equipping You in Grace show Dave talks with Jeff and Sarah Walton about strategies in communicating with your spouse, building friendship and trust in a marriage, along with their excellent new book, Together Through the Storms: Biblical Encouragements for Your Marriage When Life Hurts (The Good Book, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Preparing for challenges in communication.
- Learning to think the best of my spouse.
- Learning to ask clarifying questions of your spouse and working through communicating challenges.
- What it means to keep short accounts with the Lord and your spouse.
- Learning to extend grace to your spouse.
- Learning to work and develop trust and friendship in marriage.
- Couples learning to work as a couple.
- Using the time of COVID-19 to develop godly habits in our walk with the Lord and marriage.
- What it looks like being intentional in loving and caring for one another in the home.
- Some lessons on learning to wait on the Lord.
- Why waiting on the Lord is an opportunity to grow in the grace of God.
About the Guest
Jeff is a member of The Orchard Church in Chicago. He grew up in Cleveland (and is still a fan of the Indians, Browns, and Cavaliers), and works in healthcare technology sales.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!