On today’s Equipping you in Grace Episode, Dave Jenkins and Jim Newheiser discuss the present and future of biblical counseling, his work at RTS Charlotte counseling program and IBCD.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Dr. Newheiser’s role at RTS Charlotte and information about the counseling program there.
- The ministry of the Institute of Biblical Counseling and Discipleship ministry, how it began, and what is distinctive about this ministry.
- What biblical counseling is.
- Some distinctives of biblical counseling over and against other models of counseling.
- What the differences are between CCEF, ACBC, and the Biblical Counseling association.
About the Guest
Dr. James (Jim) Newheiser, Jr., is the Director of the Christian Counseling Program and Associate Professor of Christian Counseling and Practical Theology at RTS Charlotte.
For 25 years, Dr. Newheiser served as the Preaching Pastor at Grace Bible Church in Escondido, California. He is also the Director of the Institute for Biblical Counseling and Discipleship (formerly CCEF West) and an Adjunct Professor of Biblical Counseling at The Master’s College. Furthermore, Dr. Newheiser serves as a board member at both the Biblical Counseling Coalition (BCC) and the Association of Certified Biblical Counselors (ACBC).
Dr. Newheiser will oversee all the counseling degree options, including the 66 credit-hour MA in Christian Counseling (MACC). He will also teach many of the counseling courses as well as some practical theology courses. Jim has been married to his wife Caroline for 36 years and they have 3 adult children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!