On today’s Equipping You in Grace Episode, Dave Jenkins and Dr. J.P. Moreland discuss the dangers and challenges of scientism, along with how to confront it, and how it effects young adults, along with his book, Scientism, and Secularism- Learning to Respond to a Dangerous Ideology (Crossway, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- In what way scientism is not a doctrine of science but a doctrine of philosophy, specifically epistemology.
- In what way scientism is not only self-refuting but also the enemy of science itself.
- A definition of scientiism.
- How Pastors and ministry leaders can help Christians understand the challenges and dangers of scientism.
- Why it matters that Christians have a good understanding of the Christian faith and science.
- How Christians can combat scientism with a biblical worldview.
- What effect scientism is having in public schools, specifically on college and university campuses with young adults.
About the Guest
J. P. Moreland (PhD, University of Southern California) is distinguished professor of philosophy at Biola University. He is an author of, contributor to, or editor of over ninety books, including The Soul: How We Know It’s Real and Why It Matters.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!