On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Ian Duguid have a wide-ranging conversation about the grace of God and spiritual warfare, the place of the Word of God in spiritual warfare, along with his book, The Whole Armor of God: How Christ’s Victory Strengthens Us for Spiritual Warfare (Crossway, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The Old Testament background for what Paul says in Ephesians 6 about spiritual warfare.
- The Lord as a Warrior and King who helps His people with the grace of God in spiritual warfare.
- Preaching the gospel to ourselves and spiritual warfare.
- The power of God in the gospel and in helping His people in spiritual warfare.
- How Christians today misunderstand spiritual warfare, what to do about it, and speak to this particular problem.
- A brief overview of Ephesians 6:10-18 and why Paul’s teaching in Ephesians 6:10-18 matters.
- The relationship between the grace of God and spiritual warfare.
- Advice to the Christian struggling with feelings of worthlessness, despair, and discouragement.
- The place of the Word for the Christian in spiritual warfare.
- How Pastors, ministry leaders, and Bible study teachers can help God’s people on the subject of spiritual warfare.
- Recommended books on spiritual warfare for Christians for future study on this topic.
- How ministry leaders can determine if someone is under spiritual attack and help them to address the attack with the Word of God.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!