On today’s episode of Tulips and Honey, Lauren and Dave discuss the means of grace and the spiritual disciplines, advice for reading your Bible with the Church, the difference between reading and studying the Bible, and the importance of being able to access all of God’s Word.
What You’ll Hear on this Episode
- Our union with Christ and Bible reading.
- The danger of a cookie-cutter approach to discipleship.
- Utilizing the principles of the Word in application of the Word.
- Responding to the accusation that daily Bible reading is legalism.
- Why the means of grace provides the foundation for daily Bible reading and the spiritual disciplines.
- The difference between reading and studying the Bible.
- Advice for reading the Bible with your local Church.
- The importance of being able to access all of God’s Word in your ministry.
Links to stuff mentioned in the podcast:
Discussion with Dave Jenkins on biblical illiteracy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5TIPHoJJpY
Dave’s Sermon Audio: https://www.sermonaudio.com/source_detail.asp?sourceid=servantsofgrace
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Tulips and Honey via iTunes, Google Play, Spotify, or YouTube. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and sharing it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @LaurenHereford, on Facebook, Instagram, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Tulips and Honey.