On today’s Equipping You in Grace show Dave and Guy Waters discuss the importance of having a sound understanding of the doctrine of Scripture to the Christian life and ministry, how to respond to the idea the Bible is full of errors, along with his book, For the Mouth of the Lord Has Spoken: The Doctrine of Scripture (Christian Focus, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of having a good understanding of revelation.
- What verbal plenary inspiration and why it is so important.
- Why inerrancy is and why it is so important.
- How Christians should respond to the idea the Bible is full of errors.
- How a good understanding of the canon helps Christians.
- What the sufficiency of Scripture is and why it matters for the Christian life and ministry.
- Why Karl Barth’s understanding of Scripture is so influential.
- How Christians should respond to the views of Peter Enns.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!