On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave Jenkins and Guy Prentiss Waters discuss the place and importance of communion in the Christian life and ministry along with his book, The Lord’s Supper as the Sign and Meal of the New Covenant (Crossway, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- A brief outline of the various views of the Lord’s Supper.
- Why it is so important that Christians see the importance of the Lord’s Supper in the Christian life.
- What a covenant sign is.
- What a covenant meal is.
- The place of the Lord’s Supper within redemptive history.
- Why it’s so important to guard and protect the Lord’s Supper.
- Advice to Pastors and elders seeking practical guidance on how to guard and protect the Lord’s Supper.
- What place self-examination should have in the Christian life.
- Practical guidance on self-examination in the Christian life.
- Whether churches should practice communion each week or once a month.
- How the Lord’s Supper is like and unlike baptism.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!