On today’s Equipping You in Grace, Dave, and Bryan Chapell discuss the doctrine of vocation and the Christian, connecting Sunday to Monday, dealing with frustration at work, and his new book, Grace At Work Redeeming the Grind and the Glory of Your Job (Crossway, 2022).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What the doctrine is and why it is important for the Christian.
- How Sunday worship connects to Monday through Friday.
- How we can glorify God in the daily work He has given us.
- How our work contributes to the good of society and why it is important that we work hard at our job.
- How we should respond to difficulties with our boss as Christians at work.
- How the theology of the cross relates to our work.
- Dealing with difficulty with fellow coworkers.
About Today’s Guest
Bryan Chapell is a bestselling author of many books, including Christ-Centered Preaching and Holiness by Grace. He is pastor emeritus of the historic Grace Presbyterian Church in Peoria, Illinois; president emeritus of Covenant Theological Seminary; and president of Unlimited Grace Media (unlimitedgrace.com), which broadcasts daily messages of gospel hope in many nations.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!