On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave Jenkins and Glenna Marshall have a great conversation about the goodness of God, lament, suffering, reading and studying the Bible, church hurt, loving the Church, and her new book, The Promise is His Presence: Why God Is Always Enough (P&R, 2019).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How learning to follow Jesus doesn’t protect Christians from suffering but leads them in the path of suffering.
- What it is that what we often lack becomes the object of our worship.
- How the goodness of God helps Christians to face suffering.
- How desperation for the Lord helps Christians to cultivate deep dependence on the Lord.
- How learning the nearness of the Lord helps Christians to face the good days and bad days and everywhere in-between in the Christian life.
- How prioritizing our habits as Christians speaks to what matters most to them.
- The role of reading, studying, and meditating on Scripture helps Christians in challenge situations.
- What role waiting on the Lord should have in the lives of Christians.
- Learning good questions of the biblical text not to doubt God but to develop further trust in His revealed character in the Word of God.
- The role friends play in the Christian life to help them through times of suffering.
- How the practice of lament helps Christians during seasons of grief and suffering.
- How to respond to church hurt and deal with it in the Christian life.
- The greatness of God and how He orchestrates all the things of our lives for His glory.
- The local church and spiritual disciplines.
- The role of the local church and helping Christians through hard times.
- Why Christians should love the Church.
About the Guest
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. Ifyou like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!