On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Gene Veith talk about the consequence of the pro-choice view on freedom, biblical morality, and responding to the claims of science with the Word of God, along with his book, Post-Christian: A Guide to Contemporary Thought and Culture (Crossway, 2020)
Sponsored episode: This episode of Equipping You in Grace is sponsored by Christian Focus. To see their latest releases in theology, biblical studies, and reference books please visit http://christianfocus.com/. Get 15% off of your order at checkout by using code equippingingrace (no spaces, all lower case) at checkout.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- The importance of the Christian community and what kind of people it creates by the grace of God.
- Why the pro-choice view of choice does to the idea of freedom in terms of its consequences on people’s worldview today.
- A response to science’s claims about biblical truth.
- How Christians should respond to science with the Word of God.
- The importance of biblical morality and standing on the Word of God.
- The importance of biblical moral absolutes to a biblical worldview.
- How the doctrine of vocation calls Christians to do life in the world but differently from the world.
About the Guest
Gene Edward Veith (PhD, University of Kansas) provost and professor of literature emeritus at Patrick Henry College. He previously worked as the culture editor of World magazine. Veith and his wife, Jackquelyn, have three grown children and seven grandchildren.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!