Podcast (equipping-you-in-grace): Play in new window | Download | Embed
Subscribe Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Amazon Music | Pandora | Email | TuneIn | RSS
On today’s Equipping You in Grace show, Dave and Gavin Peacock discuss the most significant issues facing men and women on lust, counseling people biblically on the subject of desire and lust and handling the tough counseling cases related to pornography, what repentance from pornography looks like, along with his book with Owen Strachan, What Does the Bible Teach About Lust? A Short Book on Desire (Christian Focus, 2020).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Some of the most significant issues men and women on the topic of lust.
- Counseling men biblically on the subject of lust and desire.
- How understanding the divine design for a man and the divine design for women help men and women face their enslavement to pornography.
- Advice for church officers wanting to minister to the men and women in their congregation on the topic of lust and temptation.
- Handling the tough cases of biblically counseling those who are enslaved to pornography and who see no way out or refuse to repent of their lust.
- What repentance from pornography genuinely looks like.
- How the gospel addresses those, who are enslaved to pornography.
About the Guest
Gavin is associate pastor at Calvary Grace Church of Calgary, and the Director of International Outreach for CBMW. He played football professionally for Chelsea and Newcastle Utd.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.