On today’s Equipping You in Grace episode, Dave and Garrett Kell discuss the gospel and pursuing purity, the place of community and pursuing purity, strategies to starve pornography, and accountability, along with his book, Pure in Heart: Sexual Sin and the Promises of God (Crossway, 2021).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- What real accountability looks like for the Christian
- The gospel and our pursuit of purity.
- Advice to those struggling with sexual sin who think they are beyond the salvation offered in Christ.
- The importance of community in the battle for purity.
- Approaching the throne of grace and our pursuit of purity.
- Advice for those struggling with social media and pursuing purity.
- Some practical strategies to starving a hunger for pornography.
- Advice for pursuing biblical counseling from a pastor of biblical counselor.
About the Guest
J. Garrett Kell (ThM, Dallas Theological Seminary) is a pastor at Del Ray Baptist Church in Alexandria, Virginia. He and his wife, Carrie, have six children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show). You can also connect with me on Twitter at @davejjenkins, on Facebook, or via email to share your feedback.
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!