On today’s Contending for the Word show, Dawn considers examples of two ex-new ager’s turning from biblical Christianity to deliverance ministry, the importance of testing all teaching in light of Scripture, the sufficiency of Scripture and the sufficiency of Christ, the dangers of legal rights teaching, and the nature and purpose of biblical sanctification and biblical warfare.
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Examples of two ex-new ager’s turning from biblical Christianity to deliverance ministry.
- Help for people in the New Apostolic and outside of it with God’s Word.
- Response to those who say that deliverance ministry is required for the Christian.
- The importance of testing all things in light of Scripture.
- Why Christians can’t be demon possessed.
- The sufficiency of scripture and the sufficiency of Christ.
- The danger of legal rights teaching.
- The nature and purpose of biblical sanctification and spiritual warfare.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Contending for the Word via iTunes, Spotify, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thank you for listening to this episode of Contending for the Word.
Dawn Hill is a Christian blogger known as The Lovesick Scribe, and the host of The Lovesick Scribe Podcast. She is passionate about sharing the truth and pointing others back to Jesus Christ through the written Word as the standard of authority for Christian living and instruction while being led by the Holy Spirit into maturity. She is the author of NonProphet Woke: The Reformation of a Modern-Day Disciple. She writes articles for Christianity.com, Servants of Grace, and her blog posts have been shared by individuals such as Tim Challies. She will be featured in the upcoming docuseries, American Gospel: Spirit and Fire. She co-leads a women’s support group with Emily Massey called Snatched from the Flames, where they minister to women who have come out of the hypercharismatic and New Apostolic Reformation movement. She is a wife to Nicholas and a mother to Anabel and Ephraim. You can follow her on The Lovesick Scribe and Instagram.