Welcome to the ninety-eighth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Andrew Davis: Revitalize: Biblical Keys to Helping Your Church Come Alive Again.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Andy’s life, marriage, and ministry.
- The most common signs of a dying church.
- Causes of a church going into a downward spiral and how pastors can identify and avoid it before it happens.
- Andy’s definition of revitalization.
- The importance of prayer to the revitalization of a local church.
- The role the nine marks of a healthy church play in church revitalization
- What it means to be a visionary leader and why this is important to revitalization.
- Andy’s encouragement to pastors facing opposition from members while he is trying to revitalize the church.
- What a pastor should say to a member or members who show resentful and opposition to revitalization.
- How regularly reading church history can help pastors and ministry leaders..
- How pastors and ministry leaders fight against discouragement in ministry.
About the Guest:
Andrew M. Davis is pastor of First Baptist Church of Durham, North Carolina, and a visiting professor of church history at Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary. Chairman of the governance committee of the Gospel Coalition, Davis has written articles for TGC’s popular website and has spoken in plenary and breakout sessions at TGC’s National Conference. He is the author of An Infinite Journey, named by Tim Challies as one of the top ten books of 2014.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, and is the Host for the Equipping You in Grace Podcast. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.