Welcome to the ninety-fourth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave interviews Dr. Andrew David Naselli How To Understand And Apply the New Testament Twelve Steps From Exegesis to Theology (P&R, 2017)
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- How to begin to handle the Word of God rightly.
- How to trace the logical argument by arcing, bracketing, or phrasing.
- How a growing understanding of biblical theology helps Christians study how the whole Bible progresses, integrates, and climaxes in Christ.
- How a growing understanding of historical helps Christians survey and evaluate how significant exegetes and theologians have understood the Bible and theology.
- How growing to discern a passage theologically coheres with the whole Bible impacts how the average Christian makes, matures, and multiples disciples of Jesus.
- How one applies the biblical text to oneself, the church, and the world.
- The system Dr. Naselli uses to organize his theological library.
- How Dr. Piper has personally influenced the way, Dr. Naselli looks at and studies the Word of God.
- How his book seeks to address the growing problem of biblical illiteracy.
About the Guest:
Andy Naselli (PhD, PhD) is Assistant Professor of New Testament and Biblical Theology at Bethlehem College & Seminary in Minneapolis and an elder of Bethlehem Baptist Church.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.