Welcome to the ninety-second episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave interviews Jeff Vanderstelt–Gospel Fluency: Speaking the Truths of Jesus into the Everyday Stuff of Life (Crossway, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Jeff’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming ministry projects.
- Jeff’s counsel to pastors and ministry leaders about ministry burnout.
- The origins of gospel fluency.
- What gospel fluency means.
- How gospel fluency changed the way, Jeff explains evangelism.
- How gospel fluency is changing the lives of the people in Jeff’s church.
- Jeff’s process of preaching the gospel to himself and what drew him to this practice.
- The importance of gospel fluency to local church membership.
- How gospel fluency addresses spiritual apathy.
- How being a good listener makes us even more effective gospel witnesses.
- Some helpful tips for sharing our gospel story and making Jesus the hero instead of ourselves.
- The first step someone should take in becoming gospel fluent.
- How we guard against knowing gospel vocabulary but not the power of the gospel.
About the Guest:
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to Sarah Jenkins. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021) and The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.