Welcome to the eighty-third episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave discusses how John Calvin’s famous phrase, knowing God and knowing ourselves relates to biblical wisdom and understanding, for the purpose of helping us daily feast on the Word of God.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- The Nature of Biblical Wisdom and Understanding.
- How Calvin’s famous phrase knowing God, knowing ourselves relates to Bible reading.
- Why feasting on the Word is enjoying the meal God has prepared in His Word for His people.
- The purpose of the Holy Spirit in the Word for His people.
- The danger of a check-list approach to spiritual disciplines.
- How Redemptive history relates to biblical wisdom and understanding.
- How delighting in God and His Word stirs our affections and spurs our growth in God’s grace.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!