Welcome to the seventy-fourth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Christian George about The Lost Sermons of C. H. Spurgeon Volume I: His Earliest Outlines and Sermons Between 1851 and 1854.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Dr. George’s life, marriage, ministry, and upcoming ministry projects.
- Who is Charles Spurgeon?
- Why is Charles Spurgeon still influential today?
- The character of Charles Spurgeon.
- A few of the contributions The Lost Sermons of C.H. Spurgeon make to the overall body of Spurgeon’s work.
- Spurgeon’s relationship with George Mueller.
- Three things that stood out to Dr. George most during his studies of Charles Spurgeon that most people don’t know about Spurgeon.
- How Spurgeon’s ministry today can influence both present and future pastors and ministry leaders today.
- The influence of the Puritans on Spurgeon’s life and ministry.
- Spurgeon’s counsel to the gospel-centered movement.
- How did Spurgeon respond to criticism and how that is instructive for Christians today.
About the Author:
Christian T. George is assistant professor of historical theology and curator of The Spurgeon Library at Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary in Kansas City, MO.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!