Welcome to the seventy-second episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews David Murray– Reset: Living a Grace-Paced Life in a Burnout Culture (Crossway, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- David’s life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- Warning signs in David’s life that signaled burnout in his life and whether he took those seriously or not.
- The importance of building a biblical sense of identity and how we can aim to do this.
- His advice to the man who says he doesn’t have time to employ Reset strategies to his family, work, and ministry.
- The dangers of living life at a rapid pace.
- The need for accountability and friendship in ministry.
- How to fight against feelings of false guilt that come from living a slower paced life.
- Some of the benefits of sleeping longer, exercising, and eating healthy.
- How big the problem of relational maturity is among ministry leaders.
- How he’s seen Reset transform men’s lives in his counseling ministry as they’ve applied the truths in this book to their lives.
About the Author:
David Murray (DMin, Reformation International Theological Seminary) is professor of Old Testament and practical theology at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary and the pastor of Grand Rapids Free Reformed Church. He is also a counselor, a regular speaker at conferences, and the author of Jesus on Every Page.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!