Welcome to the sixth-fourth episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins interviews Dr. Bryan Chapell– Unlimited Grace: The Heart Chemistry That Frees from Sin and Fuels the Christian Life.
What you’ll hear in this episode:
- Dr. Chapell’s life, ministry, marriage, and his current ministry projects.
- Mental determination versus heart change and what matters more when it comes to Christian sanctification.
- Why our works don’t merit God’s favor or forgiveness.
- How we go about reordering our heart’s desires.
- The place of obedience and thanksgiving in the Christian life.
- How God’s commands allow us to live lives of joy and peace as He intends.
- How we can combat idolatry in the Christian life.
- How only the power of love can properly motivate real change.
- How the gospel helps us avoid the dangers of legalism.
- Some ways we can train ourselves to recognize grace in the Bible.
- The role confession play in heart change.
About the Author:
Bryan Chapell is the senior pastor of Grace Presbyterian Church (PCA) in Peoria, Illinois. He is also the host of a daily half-hour radio Bible teaching program, Unlimited Grace, and the founder and chairman of Unlimited Grace Media (unlimitedgrace.com). Bryan previously served as the president of Covenant Theological Seminary in St. Louis, Missouri, and is the author of a number of books, including Holiness by Grace.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!
Dave Jenkins is happily married to his wife, Sarah. He is a writer, editor, and speaker living in beautiful Southern Oregon. Dave is a lover of Christ, His people, the Church, and sound theology. He serves as the Executive Director of Servants of Grace Ministries, the Executive Editor of Theology for Life Magazine, the Host and Producer of Equipping You in Grace Podcast, and is a contributor to and producer of Contending for the Word. He is the author of The Word Explored: The Problem of Biblical Illiteracy and What To Do About It (House to House, 2021), The Word Matters: Defending Biblical Authority Against the Spirit of the Age (G3 Press, 2022), and Contentment: The Journey of a Lifetime (Theology for Life, 2024). You can find him on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube, or read his newsletter. Dave loves to spend time with his wife, going to movies, eating at a nice restaurant, or going out for a round of golf with a good friend. He is also a voracious reader, in particular of Reformed theology, and the Puritans. You will often find him when he’s not busy with ministry reading a pile of the latest books from a wide variety of Christian publishers. Dave received his M.A.R. and M.Div through Liberty Baptist Theological Seminary.