Welcome to the 143rd episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Dr. Stephen Wellum about his book with Trent Hunt, Christ from Beginning to End How the Full Story of Scripture Reveals the Full Glory of Christ (Zondervan, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Why it’s important that Christians see the Bible as a puzzle, not a mosaic.
- The importance of learning to read the Bible in its close, continuing, and complete or canonical context.
- Wellum’s thoughts on the resurgence of biblical theology in the past decade.
- How understanding the storyline of the Scripture helps Christians learn to read the Old Testament and the Bible better.
- Wellum’s advice as readers read the Word of God themselves daily in light of the storyline of Scripture.
- How Pastors and ministry leaders can address the growing problem of biblical illiteracy in American evangelicalism0
- Why our joy in Christ and our unity with one another is far more critical than Christians typically realize.
About the Guest
Stephen Wellum is Professor of Christian Theology at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. He is the author of Kingdom through Covenant (Crossway). He is also the author of a forthcoming volume on Christology in the Foundations of Evangelical Theology series (Crossway).
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this episode of Equipping You in Grace!