Welcome to the 135th episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with T. Desmond Alexander about his book The City of God and the Goal of Creation (Crossway, 2018).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- How Babel is the antithesis of what God desires for His people.
- How Jerusalem as a temple-city fits appropriately with the expectation that God created the earth to be his dwelling place.
- The establishment of Jerusalem as God’s royal city and it’s importance to the development in the Old Testament story.
- How the theme of Jerusalem transformed unifies the book of Isaiah.
- How the New Jerusalem is central to the Prophets end-times expectations.
- How the New Testament portrays the temple city on earth.
- How understanding the city of God helps Christians grow in their understanding of the gospel and serve the Lord Jesus where He has placed them.
- How understanding the city of God helps Christians develop a biblical worldview.
About the Guest
T. Desmond Alexander (PhD, The Queen’s University of Belfast) is senior lecturer in biblical studies and director of postgraduate studies at Union Theological College in Belfast. Alexander is the chairman of the Tyndale Fellowship for Biblical and Theological Research, served as coeditor of The New Dictionary of Biblical Theology, and has written many volumes in the area of biblical theology. T. D. is married to Anne, and they have two adult children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!