Welcome to the 133rd episode of Equipping You in Grace. On today’s episode, Dave Jenkins talks with Dr. Joel Beeke about his book Knowing and Growing in Assurance of Faith (Christian Focus, 2017).
What you’ll hear in this episode
- Assurance and the Christian life.
- The relationship between perseverance and assurance.
- Revival and the doctrine of assurance.
- How the Puritans help, Christians have a biblical, personal, and practical understanding of assurance.
- How the promises of God help Christians grow in assurance.
- Why assurance from the evidence of God’s grace in a Christian’s life so important.
- The Holy Spirit’s role in assurance.
- Help for the Christian struggling with doubt about their salvation.
- Running in the way of God’s commands as a fruit of gratitude.
- The marks of grace as a golden chain around our neck.
- Recommended resources on growing in our understanding of the doctrine of assurance.
About the Guest
Joel R. Beeke is President and Professor of Systematic Theology and Homiletics at Puritan Reformed Theological Seminary and Pastor of the Heritage Reformed Congregation in Grand Rapids, Michigan. He has written numerous books, including several for children. He and his wife Mary have three children.
Subscribing, sharing, and your feedback
You can subscribe to Equipping You in Grace via iTunes, Google Play, or your favorite podcast catcher. If you like what you’ve heard, please consider leaving a rating and share it with your friends (it takes only takes a second and will go a long way to helping other people find the show).
Thanks for listening to this week’s episode of Equipping You in Grace!